Monday, April 21, 2014

Homemade Deodorant

 In case you couldn't tell by now, I love simple recipes that are just a few ingredients. I found a lot of recipes online for homemade deodorant, but almost all of them included beeswax or certain costly ingredients. I came across this recipe and adjusted the measurements for my personal use. I will often double or triple the recipe and place it in a closed pint-sized mason jar to store it. I love using this deodorant because I can actually smell the essential oil mixed in it all day long. I just use a spoon and scoop out a very small bit of it for daily use. A little bit goes a long way! My next project will be to make a deodorant spray for this busy, on-the-go days.

1/4 Cup Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Arrowroot Powder
4 Tablespoons unrefined Coconut Oil 
10 Drops *Young Living Essential Oil

Scents for Women: 
[Singles] Lavender, Geranium, Frankincense
[Blends] Joy (bergamot, ylang ylang, geranium, rose, jasmine, palmarosa, mandarin, lemon, roman chamomile, rosewood), Peace and Calming (ylang ylang, patchouli, orange, tangerine, blue tansy), orStress Away (copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, lavender, ocotea)


Scents for Men:
[Singles] Clove, Cedarwood, Frankincense,
[Blends]  Christmas Spirit (orange, cinnamon bark, spruce) or Valor (spruce, rosewood, blue tansy, frankincense).

Some of these oils included in this post can be found in the starter kit when you become a wholesale customer. Not only that, but you will receive 24% off these therapeutic grade high quality essential oils from Young Living. If you are considering purchasing, find out more here.

* I only use Young Living therapeutic grade essential oils because of their high purity. Many essential oils on the market today are adulterated and are not put through a Seed to Seal process that Young Living lives by. I highly recommend these essential oils for their outstanding purity and also because, simply put, they really work. I began my journey two years ago with Young Living EOs and have never looked back. They are remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment