Read all about that HERE.
What are the requirements for signing up?
Simply order your start-up kit, then you only need a 50PV (usually around $50) order per year! Go HERE to learn more.
What are some ways that I can use the oils?
2. Diffusing: use one of Young Living’s essential oil diffuser to disperse oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air.
3. Humidifier: fill a humidifier with water then place a tissue or cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil in front of the escaping vapor.
4. Steam: Place a few drops of oil in hot water, cover your head and the container with a towel, and breathe deeply and slowly.
5. Bath: In a small dish, add 2-4 drops of essential oil to 1 cup Epsom Salt or Sea Salt, pour under running bath water, soak for 20 minute.
Recommendations for Aromatherapy purposes:
Thieves (anti-bacterial), Citrus Fresh (fresh & uplifting), Purification (purifying), Sensation (romantic), Peace & Calming (relaxing).
1. Direct Application: Therapeutic-grade essential oils can be applied directly to the crown of the head, to the temples, behind the ears, over vital organs, to the feet, and many other locations. Dilution with a carrier oil, such as V-6, may be required.
2. Massage: Essential oils can be used before, during, and after therapeutic massage. For a full body massage; add 4 drops of essential oil to 2 TBSP carrier oil (such as V-6).
3. Perfume: With natural, earthy, and exotic aromas, many essential oils and blends can also be worn as a perfume.
Essential oil recommendation for Topical Applications
I am only listing a handful of excellent choices, there are many more, too many to list here.
Lavender or Peppermint (headache pain), Thieves (bites/stings), Helichrysum (cuts/wounds), Release or Panaway (muscle tension), PanAway or Idaho Balsam Fir (muscle/back pain), Joy or Sensation (Perfume)
1. Capsule/Supplement: Add 2-5 drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow with water.
2. Water or Milk: Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to an 8oz. glass of water or rice milk.
3. Bread: Add 1-2 drops of oil on a piece of bread, or put 2-4 drops into a dipping dish and add 6 TBSP olive oil for a delicious bread dip.
4. Cooking: Use Young Living’s food-grade essential oils (sparingly please – toothpick method) in place of herbs and spices in your everyday cooking
Recommended essential oils for cooking, flavoring food & beverages:
Lemon, Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Lemongrass, Lavender, Peppermint, Orange, Grapefruit, Mountain Savory (great for bread dip), Nutmeg, Black Pepper.
How long will these essential oils last me?
There are about 85 drops of essential oil in a 5 ml bottle. So if you use 1 drop per day of any of the essential oils, a 5 ml bottle will last you slightly less than 3 months. If you use any one essential oil just a few times per month, then it could last you a year or two. There are about 250 drops in a 15ml bottle.
I personally recommend using the essential oils in the Everyday Living Essential Oils Kit on a regular basis to replace a lot of your household and personal care products, as well as first-aid salves. Not only will you get fabulous results (oftentimes even much better than the chemically-manufactured products), but you will save money as time goes.
Do I have to sell the oils?
No! Simply use them yourself! Most people find that when they use them they tell others who are interested in learning more. But there is no obligation to sell. Ever!
How have you saved money using essential oils?
Since 2011 when I first got the oils in the Everyday Living Oils Kit, I have not had to purchase any of the following –
Insect repellant, ointment for cuts and scrapes, wrinkle cream, acne cream, toilet bowl cleaner, glass cleaner, carpet stain remover, pain killers, topical sports pain cream, sore throat spray, allergy medication/anti-histamine, household deodorizing spray, anti-depressants, pepto bismol, sleeping pills, sunburn cream, furniture polish, perfume, mold and mildew remover, and fruit and vegetable wash. I estimate that I save at least $200/year on expenses like this.
Also, most importantly, you save money by joining the Essential Rewards Program (which is free when you are a member!), which requires a monthly purchase of 50pv ($50). For the first six months, you earn 10% back on your purchase, the next six months you earn 15% back on your purchase, and after a year you earn 20% on your monthly purchase in FREE PV points to use on more essential oils and products!
Find out more about the Essential Rewards Program HERE.
Is there an expiration date on these oils?
No. As long as you store the essential oils with the lids closed and out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures, they will retain their therapeutic value for years and years.
Large containers with essential oil residues have been discovered in some of the pyramids in Egypt. Upon analysis, these essential oils were found to still be good even after thousands of years!
The one exception are Citrus essential oils because they are expressed oils. Citrus oils have larger molecules, which means they cannot undergo the same process that other plants go through to be distilled. Therefore, Citrus oils cannot last forever. However, as long as you keep them in a cool, dark place, they can last you a very long time. You don't have to worry about it expiring before you use it; I can reassure you that you will WANT to use them in everything.
Why are these essential oils more expensive than ones I see at the health food store or on other online venues?
Our essential oils are produced by Young Living Essential Oils. Young Living has a high standard of commitment to providing only therapeutic-quality essential oils. Unfortunately, the essential oil industry is almost completely unregulated and manufacturers are able to label their oils as “100% pure” if only a certain percentage of the oil is the real deal.
The truth is that essential oils from many manufacturers are adulterated and cut with chemicals made in a laboratory in order to keep the cost down.
The production of true therapeutic-quality essential oils can be labor-intensive and expensive (for instance, it takes several tons of Bulgarian rose petals to produce 1 oz. of pure rose essential oil). Young Living Essential Oils are cold-distilled — a more lengthy and painstaking process than extraction with high heat or chemicals, which is unfortunately the norm in the essential oil industry. The results in therapeutic-value, however, speak for themselves!
Therapeutic-quality essential oils are extremely concentrated, and a little bit goes a long way to provide powerful results for your health, healing, and personal care/household needs.